Monday, July 11, 2011

Perfectly Delicious Lemon Ice


I love the summer time...and I really love lemon ice in the summer time. Nothing even comes close to the cold, tart, sweet and delicious taste of lemon ice. Fortunately, I recently came across an amazing recipe for lemon ice. There are really no words to describe just how delicious this recipe is. You'll just have to trust me when I say..AAAMAZING!!! What's even better is that it is incredibly easy to make. I found the recipe here and at Women's Day kitchen website. Their recipe calls for lemon liqueur, but I made the kid and family friendly version and used just straight lemon juice (squeezed from real lemons). They also garnished their's with mint leaves but I topped mine with my favorite; blueberries and raspberries. Seriously...you won't regret making this!

Lemon Ice : recipe courtesy of women's day kitchen

3 cups water
1 cup sugar
                                                   1 cup lemon juice (from squeezed lemons)
                                                             1 Tbsp grated lemon zest

Garnish: blueberries and raspberries

Recipe Preparation

    1. Mix water and sugar in a 2-qt saucepan; bring to boil over high heat. Boil uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, and lemon zest. 
    2. Pour into a 13 x 9-in. baking pan. Freeze 1 hour; stir. Cover; freeze 2 hours or overnight until firm. 
    3. To serve: Scrape and scoop into serving dishes (or use the actual lemon just scoop out all the pulp and viola...instant bowl) and top with blueberries and raspberries.
    Next time I really want to try this with oranges and make orange ice...mmmmm....
    I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!



UndertheTableandDreaming


The Girl Creative

The Shabby NestPhotobucket








4 comments:

  1. I love how you put it in a lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple yummy summer treat. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would win mom of the year if I did this for my kids! this looks so good and it seems pretty easy and fail proof..Found you at the Just Something I Whipped Up link up :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails