Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bring on the Rain...

This past weekend the Patriot and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary.  We had plans to go to out of town... but the weather squashed those plans-- right quick.... DRAT!  So, we decided to spend our day antiquing at some of our favorite local shops.  As much as I enjoy purchasing new trinkets for our home... I  just L.O.V.E getting inspired when I see things I know that we can make ourselves for pennies.  Unfortunately, I generally write the ideas down, but seldom get around to actually making them.  (When I do sit down and work on something, it is almost always for one of the kiddos-- God Bless Em!).  Since Grammie was already planning on having the kids while we were away, we decided to come home and actually work on a project together.  Yupp, you heard me... my hubbs will actually craft with me! :)  Whatta Guy!  We made something very simple-- but it makes me happy.   Just a wood board, covered in fabric... Purposed as a hanging flower holder.  We've recently remodeled our upstairs bathroom (ok, maybe it was 2 years ago..but I've never added any decor.  So, this project got the ball rolling!  We even put up a toilet paper holder and hand towel holder!  Stop on by... our TP is now at arms reach!) 







 ... I kid you not... This was in the shop for almost $40.  I had bought the flower sprig for $6 that day-- but, other than that.. I had everything else here at home.  I have several other flowers I could have stuck in there so, this literally cost me $0 to make.  














We just took a board, wrapped fabric around it and stapled it to the back... added a twine bow and PRESTO... done in less than 20 minutes.










Here it is on display in our bathroom..... 
It doesn't take much to make me happy.. and I LOVE it! 
It matches my Primitive/Colonial decor wonderfully.



Counter Top Display...  (the new hand towel holder is reflected in the mirror :)



We painted our kitchen a few months back and again.. never put anything on the walls.
The Patriot found this herb rack at one of the shops and it's a great addition to the bare kitchen wall.
He even hung a few of the accessories by himself :)  HE GET'S ME! :)


I guess the rain isn't all that bad!  We had an absolute wonderful day together.  I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who works hard to support our family, is a wonderful daddy... but most of all loves JESUS and demonstrates that love to us daily.  I LOVE HIM! 


We even had a little fun in the back yard due to the rain...  



Here's the next item on our To-Do List...  A Primitive Stop Top Cover... 







Have a Blessed day and ENJOY THE RAIN!!!




Linking Up!

All Things Heart and Home

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary E!!!! So you're saying I only need to be married for 2 more years before my hubbie will start crafting with ME? Woop woop! ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. E, I love it when you post! The flower holder is really neat and looks awesome with your other decorations. The picture of the wild-rain-river-kayaking in the backyard made me laugh out loud!! Happy Anniversary!! Nel ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Niagara-On-The-Lake as well! My hubby and I have been going there for about 10 years, and we always get a fresh loaf of bread from the grocery store, and then a coke (in an old bottle) from the candy shop, and then we sit near the lake and just enjoy our time together! Aww, makes me miss it! Love the flower arrangement you made, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, girls!

    Good luck,S~ let me know how that works out for you in 2 years! :) The Patriot is a helper by nature, so when he sees me working on something (that's not OVERLY girlie...) he usually jumps right in. ;)

    Nel~ This is why your Thanksgiving post made my heart skip-a-beat! I want to live in that home. Seriously, can I go with you next year? lol

    The pictures of N.O.T.L. leave be breathless-- but I've actually never been there! I can tell it is SO my kind of place. We rescheduled for this week, but alas, the weather is still yucko! SHUCKS! Grab your hubby and go back! Tell him you really want some carbs and coke! heehhee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your wall hanging idea and I linked your blog from mine. I did a varied version and I love how it turned out! Thanks for the idea!

    http://heatherandkenny.blogspot.com/2011/06/blank-bathroom-wall-gets-face-lift.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails