Thursday, July 29, 2010

First Time for Everything

Dear friends,

I recently purchased my first home. I have lived hear for about a month and already have great things in store for it! I started in the dining room with a lot of help from my family and friends.

When we first viewed the house this is what the dining room looked like:


Once we moved in we decided on a new paint color. I like the earthy tones and went with a nice earthy green. This was my first time ever tackling a huge painting project like this, but luckily Sister "S" was there to help!

We started out with the prep work. First we setup a perimeter with the painters tape. This is important to do because it helps you stay in the lines when you paint. We filled in all the blemishes in the walls with putty, and then sanded all of the walls. When the previous owner painted, they didn't sand first causing a lot of bumps and imperfections in the paint application. Once the sanding was done, we washed the walls clean.


Time for primer! After that 2 coats of paint. It didn't take long to dry. Sister "S" worked on outlining the walls for me so all I had to do was follow with the roller and apply the paint.


I don't think it came out too bad for my first time!



3 comments:

  1. Hey Jenn! love the color! what was the name of it...which brand of paint? ♥J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found the color we liked by Behr called Green Tea. We purchased all of our paints from Sherwin Williams and they just color matched it for us. We went with their top of the line paint called Duration because it was on sale at the time and was just a few dollars more than the next brand. The paint was done in a matte finish. The room looks great!
    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your article reminded me of the many, many, many home projects we have rolled up our sleeves and tackled over the years and the most precious part of it all...the bonds that formed between us and our friends and family that helped out......Bob

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails